Since you may have to go out of your way a bit to come see us in this corner of Western Massachusetts, we wanted to point out a few more reasons why this sweet village of West Stockbridge is way worth your while.
Here are just a few
- A river runs through it. Right through the center of the town and with a mill and walking bridges.
- Beautiful hikes, including Olivia's Overlook
- The oldest, family-run hardware store in North America (and, yes, it's still in the same family)
- Greatest little bookstore or new, used, rare and out of print books
- Vanilla extract maker since 1880
- Beautiful sculpture park in an old marble quarry with hills, meadows, water and a 45-foot rock face drop
- Mobile makers, Skaker furniture makers, coffee roasters, marble masons, bakers and more
- Art venues and galleries, like Turnpark sculpture park, National Geographic photographer, John Stanmeyer's gallery, Diana Felber Gallery
- Somehow on the way to everywhere, 7 minutes from Tanglewood, Hudson Valley towns, Great Barrington, etc.