It was said of Bob Dylan that all he did was “…play three chords and the truth.” No small task but that’s our guiding mission: keep it simple and make it true.
We hand roast the highest quality, most ethical green coffee beans in small batches. We cook simply and heartily. And source only natural coffees, teas, salts--grown responsibly by those who take pride in their work and are recognized for their effort.
We support local makers and growers whose food we cook with for our cafe and sell in our store. It comes together when friends and neighbors sit elbow-to-elbow at long, communal tables in the cafe or in the gallery (where we have visual and performing arts, classes and events).
In April 2017, we're opening our new roasting room where the public can come in and see the roasting process and where we will hold cuppings and classes.
In the warmer months, check us out at:
- At Jacob's Pillow, a summer-long international dance festival, where No. Six Depot has a full cafe with salads, ceviche, sandwiches, wine, beer and a full bar. We also run a separate espresso bar with local snacks, smoothies, ice cream and frozen yogurt.
- At a satellite cafe at Tanglewood on the Great Lawn, summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- At the Great Barrington Farmer's Market (Saturdays 9-1)
- On our own front porch where we have a summertime Front Porch Scoop & Shake bar open (Fridays--Sundays 12:30-9:00pm) for ice-cream, milkshakes and smoothies.
- And at many seasonal markets throughout the Berkshires and Hudson Valley.